PUSHKAR CAMEL FAIR
5-10 NOV, 2022
with Jeremy Woodhouse & Abhishek Hajela
Worshippers Come to Bath at Pushkar Lake
Pushkar Camel Fair
Held each November at the time of the Kartik Purnima (9 Nov, 2022) full moon, the Pushkar Camel Fair is one of India’s most highly rated travel experiences, a spectacle on a grand scale, attracting thousands of camels, horses and cattle and visited by over 400,000 people over a period of around fourteen days.
For visitors it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness the colour, spectacle and carnival of one of the last great traditional melas (festivals), which brings together livestock, farmers, traders and villagers from all over Rajasthan.
Rabari Women Reflected in a Drinking Trough
Our Luxury Camp at Pushkar
Arrival, Departure & Visa
Arrival & Meeting Place
Indira Gandhi International Airport
Indira Gandhi International Airport
Daily high temperatures decrease by 9°F, from 87°F to 78°F, rarely falling below 73°F or exceeding 91°F. Daily low temperatures decrease by 9°F, from 64°F to 54°F, rarely falling below 49°F or exceeding 68°F.
The Indian rupee (symbol: ₹; code: INR) is the official currency of India
Group size 6
Tour Price Includes
- Transfers at the beginning and the end of the tour (unless you are arriving early or leaving after the official tour is concluded)
- Ground Transportation with local photographer/guide for 4 days
- All meals
- Tour accommodation, as listed
Tour Price Excludes
- Arrival/departure flights
- Travel insurance
- Pre- and post-tour accommodation
Paying by check
If you would like to pay your deposit and/or balance with a check, please make the check payable to: Pixelchrome, Inc and mail it to:
Paying by Wire Transfer
If you would like to pay by Wire Transfer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bank account details.
- Bring you own laptop computer and storage media
- Camera body(s)
- Lenses, 16-35mm, 24-70mm zoom and 70-200mm zoom or similar lenses are very good
- Light bag for easy hiking with camera bodies and accessories
- Cleaning kit for cameras and lenses
- Rain/dust covers for cameras and lenses
- Charger for batteries
- Spare batteries
- Spare Memory cards
- Memory card reader
- USB key to exchange images
Also good to have
- Lens extenders
- Good quality polarizing filter
Covid-19 Arrival Protocol for International Travellers
Passengers with approved exemption requests on Air Suvidha are exempted from institutional quarantine. In case of rejection, the passenger will have to undergo institutional quarantine as per the state govt guidelines at the first airport of entry.
There is no quarantine applicable to passengers arriving with negative RT-PCR report. Fly Safe!
Returning to the USA
As per the US Embassy & Consulates in India, effective January 26, 2021, all incoming airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide results of a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days before travel. Alternatively, travelers to the United States may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for additional information
Book your Covid-19 Test at Delhi Airport
Delhi Airport led the way to set up the first Airport COVID Lab offering RT-PCR facility to all arriving International passengers to avail an exemption from institutional quarantine. Now, after a successful phase-1 operation, the facility introduces upgraded packages for the benefit of all passengers.
- The facility will be operating 24*7 for both arriving and departing passengers.
- This service and facility is being provided in collaboration with Premium Plaza Lounge and Genestrings Diagnostic Centre, a Delhi-based laboratory, which is currently associated with Delhi government to test COVID-19 samples
- The cost of the package for arriving passengers is Rs. 3400 (2600+800), while for the departure passengers is Rs. 800. The above-mentioned package rate would be implied from 30th November 5pm onwards only as per government rules.
- Passengers can book the slot online and proceed to the ‘Covid Test Center and Lounge’ available at arrivals and departure. After the test, passengers can relax at the lounge while the awaiting the results and enjoy the lounge service.
- The test results will be available within 4-6 hours. All Passengers are suggested to book the slot 1 hour after the time of arrival and minimum 4-6 hours before the departure flight (post sample collection) or book domestic flight after test results are available.
- All arriving International passengers without pre-approved exemption can opt for exemption with negative RT-PCR certificate.
- RT-PCR report is valid only up till 72 hours after testing.
- To support the Test Center and Lounge a Covid lab has been built in 3500 square meter area at multi-level car parking (MLCP) of Terminal 3, this is the first COVID-19 testing lab among Indian airports.