AMERICAN MIDWEST ROAD TRIP
5-15 JULY, 2021
with Jeremy Woodhouse
Join me on a voyage of discovery through the American heartland. There is nothing I like to do better that jump into the car and drive never really knowing what I am going to see or experience along the way. Of course there is a plan. There is always a plan, but you know what they say about plans…
Sunflowers in Bloom, Nebraska
Oklahoma City Memorial
Prairie Dogs, Custer State Park
Devil's Tower, Wyoming
Bismark Airport, South Dakota
July is expected to start warmer than average in the Midwest. While there will be breaks in the heat, it appears that these breaks will be short-lived, especially in the country’s northern tier due to La Niña which is a cooling of water temperatures in the Pacific Ocean close to South America that often leads to global changes in temperature and precipitation.
6 SPOTS OPEN
TOUR COST: $2,500
Group size 6
Tour Price Includes
- Guiding to locations
- Breakfasts at most of the hotels. If it does not work out with our photo schedule we will grab breakfast at a local café
- Transportation We will be travelling together as a group in a large 12-seater van. (You will be expected to limit your luggage to 1 suitcase, a camera bag and a single personal item).
- Post processing sessions (we will have a post processing session where we sit down together go over workflow and post processing techniques
- The pleasure of travelling with me.
Tour Price Excludes
- Travel to Dallas, TX and from Bismarck, ND.
- Lodging: See below
- Fees: National Parks and State Park entry fees. If you have A National Parks Pass, please bring it
- Meals: We will be careful when eating meals with social distance of paramount importance. All meals are the responsibility of the participant.
Paying by check
If you would like to pay your deposit and/or balance with a check, please make the check payable to: Pixelchrome, Inc and mail it to:
Paying by Wire Transfer
If you would like to pay by Wire Transfer please contact email@example.com for bank account details.
Dress for the Weather
- It will most likely be quite warm in the midwest so dress comfortably in clothing that will provide protection from the sun.
- As always bring light layers for those cooler evenings
- Bring waterproof clothing in the case of rain
- Bring you own laptop computer and storage media
- Camera body(s)
- Lenses, 16-35mm, 24-70mm zoom and 100-400mm zoom or similar lenses are very good
- Light bag for easy hiking with camera bodies and accessories
- Cleaning kit for cameras and lenses
- Rain/dust covers for cameras and lenses
- Charger for batteries
- Spare batteries
- Spare Memory cards
- Memory card reader
- USB key to exchange images
Also good to have
- Good quality polarizing filter
The rates you see below are approximate—they are subject to change
Pre-tour, July 5: The Grand Hotel, McKinney, TX
Day 1, July 6: Hyatt Place Oklahoma City, Bricktown
Day 2, July 7: Best Western Plus Country Inn & Suites, Dodge City
Day 3, 4 & 5, July 8-11 (3 Nights): Super 8 by Wyndham Keystone/Mt Rushmore
Day 6, July 11: Best Western Plains Motel, Wall, SD
Day 7, July 12: Best Western Devil’s Tower Inn
Day 8 & 9, July 13-15 (2 Nights): AmericInn by Wyndham, Medora
Instructors will wear masks while teaching at close range
Clients are encouraged to wear masks whenever they are at close range
Where possible, we will practice social distancing. Tripods 6ft apart.
You are encouraged to wash hands frequently and use hand sanitiser. Bring a cloth to wipe down your tripod each day. This will serve 2 purposes. Get rid of any nasty bacteria and remove salt from the ocean spray.
Covid-19 Travel Hacks from Kayak.com
Medjet was the first to implement the air-medical transport membership concept in the United States in 1991 and still today brings the highest level of service and detail to our members in their times of need.
While transport of hospitalized Covid-19 patients was not possible during the initial phase of the pandemic, we are pleased to inform you that:
- Medjet is now able to transport a member hospitalized with Covid-19, while traveling in the contiguous 48 United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean Islands, to a hospital of their choice at home. We are the only membership program to have added this benefit.
- We have been working to source enough aircraft with isolation pods, and crews with proper training, to provide our members with the same hospital-to-hospital medical transport benefits that we’ve always provided, at the level of service our members have come to expect.
- Broader international transport for Covid-19 is not yet available, but all other hospitalization events that Medjet typically transports for remain covered.
We understand that many of you are looking to travel Internationally, and we continue to monitor the situation closely. When the industry can safely and effectively accommodate our members around the globe, Medjet will look to expand this offering.
Please review and become familiar with the Specialized Covid-19 Transfer process outlined on the CORONAVIRUS UPDATE page on our website at:
An updated list of covered locations is also available there. A full set of Rules & Regulations, including the new Covid-19 transport language, is now available on our website at: