Grand Canyon View from the South Rim
DESERT SOUTHWEST WORKSHOP
16 - 27 FEBRUARY, 2021
(11 DAYS/11 NIGHTS)
with Jeremy Woodhouse
You now have the opportunity to join me on this custom-designed tour in the American Southwest. From 16 - 27 Feb, 2021, we will be traveling to some of the most breathtakingly beautiful sites in the region—and, if we are lucky enough to get a snowfall, it will be all the more beautiful.
As winter turns to spring, this is an ideal time to visit the desert. With most of the tourists gone, you'll fill your lungs with fresh, crisp air each day. Enjoy the silence as the snow dampens all sound and highlights the wonders of the landscape.
NB. There will be no camping on this trip, and hiking activity will be non-strenuous. You will always have a warm, comfortable bed at night.
The itinerary is being kept flexible so we can hit the best places for the best landscapes and the best light.
You will need a joyful attitude at all times. Warm clothing and good hiking boots (see the equipment recommendations in the right column)
Places we will visit will include Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, The Grand Canyon NP, White Pocket, and more.
If you believe that this is the trip for you, book your spot now!
Lone Tree, White Pocket
Snow on the Brain, White Pocket
Winter Sunrise at Bryce Canyon NP
In Kanab, the average high-temperature marginally rises, from a chilly 47.3°F (8.5°C) in January, to a cool 52.7°F (11.5°C). In February, in Kanab, the average low-temperature is 25.9°F (-3.4°C).
Depending on the location we could experience temperatures ranging from below freezing to highs in the 70s
4 SPOTS OPEN
TOUR COST: $4,650
11 DAYS/11 NIGHTS
GROUP SIZE: ONLY 6
Tour Price Includes
- 4X4 transportation to our shoot locations
- Fees & Permits: Parking fees and State & National Park entry fees
- 2 photographer/guides
- Guiding to locations, local knowledge of the light and weather patterns, and best locations based on those conditions
- One on one instruction in the field
- Post processing sessions: We will have post processing session in our down time where we sit down together go over workflow and post processing techniques, all with masks
- Final Group dinner on 26 Feb.
Tour Price Excludes
- Travel to and from Kanab, UT.
- Lodging. See hotel list below
- Meals: We will be careful when eating meals with social distance of paramount importance. All meals are the responsibility of the participant (except for the final group dinner on 26 Feb).
Hotels for Desert SW Workshop
Paying by check
If you would like to pay your deposit and/or balance with a check, please make the check payable to: Pixelchrome, Inc and mail it to:
Paying by Wire Transfer
If you would like to pay by Wire Transfer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bank account details.
Dress for the Weather
- Personal Gear List
- Sturdy hiking footwear, thick hiking socks, and long pants.
- Several warm layers. For the most comfort, we recommend wearing moisture wicking base layers. A fleece or down jacket will help keep you warm and a waterproof shell or coat should be worn on the outside.
- Snow pants or gaiters that you can seal around your boots to keep snow out. If your snow pants aren't insulated, make sure you wear an insulating base layer.
- Warm hat, thick gloves, and glove liners (useful to operate your camera controls).
- Micro-spikes or micro-traction devices will help when walking on slick surfaces. Snowshoes will not be needed for where we're going.
- Headlamp in case we are hiking in the dark.
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Sun Hat
- Water bottle
Photo Equipment Checklist
- Sturdy tripod and ballhead
- Digital SLR or Mirrorless Camera Body.
- Wide Angle Lens. Frame frame - aim for 16-35mm range or wider. Crop sensor, 10-22mm.
- Mid-range zoom lens in the range of 24-100mm.
- Telephoto lenses will come in handy in Bryce and the Grand Canyon. Anything in the 70-400mm range.
- Circular polarizer filters are useful. Bring any ND filters if you have them.
- Extra batteries, memory cards, and cleaning supplies.
- Remote cord for your camera.
- Laptop if you wish to backup your photos or follow along during the post-processing instruction.
Instructors will wear masks while teaching at close range
Clients are encouraged to wear masks whenever they are at close range
Where possible, we will practice social distancing. Tripods 6ft apart.
You are encouraged to wash hands frequently and use hand sanitiser.
Covid-19 Travel Hacks from Kayak.com