Interior View of Frescoes on the Ceiling and Walls of Agios Ioannis Lambadistes Church
The Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque, originally known as the Cathedral of Saint Nicholas and later as the Saint Sophia (Ayasofya) Mosque of Mağusa, is the largest medieval building in Famagusta, Cyprus. Built between 1298 and c. 1400, it was consecrated as a Catholic cathedral in 1328. The cathedral was converted into a mosque after the Ottoman Empire captured Famagusta in 1571 and it remains a mosque to this day. From 1954 the building has taken its name from Lala Mustafa Pasha, the Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire from Sokolovići in Bosnia, who served Murat III and led Ottoman forces against the Venetians in Cyprus.
Elevated View of the The Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque) Cathedral of Saint Nicholas) and the Sinan Pasa Mosque (St. Peter and and St.Paul Cathedral) in th Foreground
View Madonna tal-Karmnu (Our Lady of Mount Carmel) Church down a Steep Street in Old Valletta